Boycott Kraft's Boca Burgers, Buy Amy's!
Scroll down to send Kraft a letter letting the company know you're boycotting BOCA and their other brands.
Kraft Foods, maker of Boca Burger® and one of the largest food manufacturers in the world, spent $2 million to defeat Prop 37, the California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act. So why would you spend one dime on their products, even on their organic line Boca products? Especially when you can buy GMO-free veggie burgers from Amy's Kitchen, a true Organic Hero, that contributed $200,000 to the YES on 37 campaign!
Sign the letter below. Tell Kraft you're boycotting their Boca Burger® brand until the company publicly and financially supports statewide GMO labeling efforts in 2013, beginning in Washington State, Vermont and Connecticut.
Top Four reasons to Boycott Kraft's Boca Burger® and other Brands
There are plenty of reasons to boycott Kraft's Boca Burger® and other brands. Here are the top four:
1. Kraft Foods' history is intertwined with the tobacco industry.
2. Kraft donated $2 million to the NO on 37 campaign.
3. Kraft uses organic soybeans in only some of its products, but does not share the sourcing of its organic soybeans. The rest of its products contain genetically modified (GMO) soybeans.
4. Kraft claims to offer what they describe as "non-GMO" versions of its soy foods, but these products are neither certified organic (organic prohibits GMOs) nor monitored by the Non-GMO Project. So it's impossible to verify BOCA's non-GMO claims.
5. Kraft Foods admits it uses genetically engineered bovine growth hormone. It is well-known by federal regulators that GMO bovine growth hormone produces milk that is less nutritious, is contaminated with pus, and has excess amounts of IGF-1. Elevated levels of IGF-1 are linked to increased rates of cancer.
Top 3 Reasons to buy Amy's Kitchen veggie burgers
Amy's products are ALL 100% GMO-free.
Amy's donated $200,000 to the YES on 37 campaign.
Most of Amy's veggie burgers contain No Trans Fat, No MSG and No preservatives.
Here's what Kraft has to say about using GMO soy in its Boca-brand products:
"We're committed to providing you with great-tasting products made with the highest-quality soy. It's a fact that much of the high-quality soy grown in the U.S. has been genetically engineered, so the traditional BOCA line of soy-based products may contain ingredients derived from these crops.
"We realize that biotechnology is a concern for some people. That's why we introduced a line of products made with non GMO soy. BOCA foods made with non GMO soy do not include genetically engineered ingredients.
"Here at BOCA, we believe that foods developed through biotechnology are safe, and there's broad scientific consensus on this. The FDA, USDA and EPA all stand firmly behind the safety of biotech products, as do a host of other health and nutrition organizations, such as the American Medical Association and the American Dietetic Association."
- BOCA's Frequently Asked Questions