Defenders of Justice 2013
Defenders of Justice (DOJ) Awards are given by the Justice Center to honor individuals or organizations who are making significant contributions in the following areas: Litigation; Research and Policy Development; Public Policy Advocacy and Grassroots Empowerment/Community Capacity Building. Recipients will be honored at our annual Defenders of Justice Event.
This year's 15th Annual DOJ event will be held on Thursday, May 9 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Carolina Club at UNC Chapel Hill's George Watts Hill Alumni Center.
The 2013 honorees are:
- Legislative Advocacy: Wayne Goodwin, NC Commissioner of Insurance
- Phil Lehman, NC Office of the Attorney General
- Mortgage Foreclosure Unit, Legal Aid of NC
- Policy Research and Advocacy: Equality NC
- Grassroots Empowerment: A. Philip Randolph Institute
The honorees at the awards dinner always offer us inspiration and the chance to gather with others dedicated to building a great state. We hope you and your friends will join us.
Event LocationCarolina Club, the George Watts Hill Alumni Center at UNC-Chapel
550 Stadium Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27514