Safety Net Technology Summit 2013
For the first time ever, the National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is opening its annual national technology conference to victim advocates, service providers, attorneys, law enforcement, community corrections and other professionals working with survivors on technology safety issues. This unique training opportunity will focus on the various complex issues and concerns that come from the intersection of technology and domestic & sexual violence, stalking and trafficking. Participants will be given the information and tools needed to respond to technology misuse, to enhance services for survivors of violence, and hold offenders accountable.
- July 29-31, 2013: Technology Summit, 8:30 AM-5:30 PM daily
- August 1, 2013: Meeting for NNEDV members and Tech Advocates
All participants must register using the form below. In addition to providing your contact information, please also provide the following information to help us plan for and best meet the needs of all participants:
- Accessibility accomodations: Please let us know how we can make this event more accessible to you (mobility, interpretation, etc.).
- Food/dietary preferences: Please let us know if you have any food allergies or other dietary preferences or restrictions. NNEDV will make every effort to accomodate food and dietary preferences; however, please also be prepared to supplement the meals provided with snacks of your own, especially if you have severe food allergies or dietary restrictions that may limit your options among the food provided.
- You may also choose to join our "safetynet" or "action" listserv. The Safety Net / Tech Safety listserv will inform you of upcoming trainings or webinars hosted by the Safety Net Project. The Action listserv will inform you of NNEDV activities and advocacy actions.
- Early-bird registration (until June 15, 2013): $350 (USD) per person.
- Standard registration (after June 15 2013): $450 (USD) per person.
- NNEDV members: $100 (USD) off the registration fee. Please select the "Discount" option and enter the discount code. (Remember, it is cap-sensitive.)
All registration fees include access to all training sessions and related events, as well as continental breakfast, lunch and morning and afternoon breaks on the training days (July 29, July 30 and July 31). Registration fee does not include dinner.
Hotel & Lodging Information:
The Technology Summit will be held at the Dolce Hayes Convention Center in San Jose, California. NNEDV strongly suggests that participants reserve their hotel rooms at the Dolce Hayes Hotel. A room block has been secured by NNEDV for conference attendees. You must make your reservation through the link provided below no later than July 15, 2013. The room rate is $121 per night plus sales tax (14%) and an HBID assessment of $0.75 per night.
Please note: NNEDV is not responsible for making hotel reservations. NNEDV strongly recommends that you register for the conference before making your hotel reservation.
- Please make your hotel reservation no later than July 15, 2013 here.
Event LocationDolce Hayes Conference Center
200 Edenvale Avenue
San Jose, CA 95136
View Larger Map" target="_blank">Map
The registration deadline for this event has passed.